- A method used in quantum mechanics in which unwanted infinities are removed from the solutions of equations by redefining parameters such as the mass and charge of subatomic particles.More example sentences
- Using the method of renormalization which he also developed Schwinger was able to prove that a small anomalous contribution should be added to the value of the magnetic moment accepted until then.
- ‘If you remove the high-energy scale through the process of renormalization, the spectral features are very sharp,’ Phillips said.
- The solution was a trick called renormalization, worked out by Feynman, Julian Schwinger, Sin-Itiro Tomonaga and Freeman Dyson.
- More example sentences
- The spectra were renormalized as above, and the data are plotted in Fig.6.
- Projected data can be renormalized in the transform space to achieve effective luminance-dynamic range management, as well as color contrast enhancement suitable for final visualization.
- Each distribution function was renormalized to account for the arbitrary upper bound of summation C max = 100.
More definitions of renormalizationDefinition of renormalization in:
- The British & World English dictionary