1Change the focus or direction of: the country began reorienting its economic and social policies in 1988
More example sentences
- The lack of opposition to the establishment of sea control has permitted the few large and powerful navies to reorient their focuses in a landward direction.
- Theoretically, this angle can lengthen a contracted scar by about 75 percent and reorient the direction of the central wound by 90 degrees.
- Changes in training have to be made to reorient the focus of both disciplines.
- Example sentences
- In its remodelled form it was reorientated round a central peristyle garden.
- During the Second World War the statue was removed for safe keeping, but on its return the bow was fixed pointing to the south, and then again wrongly reorientated after the road junction was upgraded in the 1990s.
- Those security institutions that have been set up under the US led occupation will also have to be disbanded or reorientated to support an independent Iraqi government.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of reorient in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.