- Any of a group of RNA viruses that are sometimes associated with respiratory and enteric infection.More example sentences
- The human reovirus infects and kills cancer cells with an activated Ras pathway.
- As such, recent research has focused on reovirus type 3 and cytomegalovirus as possible viral agents.
- In mice infected with reovirus, in vivo exposure to UVR depleted the spleens of Ia-bearing adherent cells that are required for the in vitro generation of secondary antireovirus cytolytic T lymphocytes.
mid 20th century: from the initial letters of respiratory, enteric, and orphan (referring to a virus not identified with a particular disease) + virus.
More definitions of reovirusDefinition of reovirus in:
- The British & World English dictionary