1The reporting of news, for the press and the broadcast media: extensive reportage of elections
More example sentences
- It is impossible not to be reminded of the frenzied media reportage that has become the mainstay of American television news coverage.
- Either a journalist withers on the vine when they take a job like this or they become a corporate PR person following their bland, risk-averse PR orders i.e. a million miles away from the freedom of news desk reportage.
- Talk, in the form of reportage of ‘breaking news,’ including eyewitness reports and rumors, is the frontline mediator of the event itself.
1.1Factual presentation in a book or other text, especially when this adopts a journalistic style.
- I felt that at some point in this career as a reporter, a reporter ought to have written a book of reportage.
- Anecdote dominates many chapters, with unreflective reportage frequently doing duty for examination.
- Though reportage, Hamlet's words are hard upon the action's heels.
Words that rhyme with reportagebarge, charge, enlarge, large, marge, raj, sarge, sparge, Swaraj, taj, undercharge
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of reportage in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.