- Because representation through speaking is impossible, Ginsberg is free to do whatever he wants to answer a question.
- Surely this isn't our musical representation speaking out on behalf of urban youth everywhere and finally, we don't have to be ashamed?
- He felt that they should have better representation in the acting world.
- It does, however, authorize and inform the tensions between the past and the present, the historical event and its representation, that I have been describing.
- Ingres based his representation of the Cardinal on Raphael's portrait of him and that of Raphael on a supposed self-portrait.
- They are then more the implicit signifiers of his own subject position than they are his explicit analysis or representation of such contradictions.
- I enjoyed Russell's depiction of the redundancy in Los Angeles and his visual representation of Creation.
- Denoncourt's Via crucis explores a boy's imaginative interpretation of the Catholic iconic representation of the crucifixion and ascension of Christ.
- Since such painting is relativist - as concerned with style and representation as it is with reality - the artist draws no conclusions.
- Poussin's view of the genre, as a representation modelled on true nature, echoes the meaning of the caprice in at least one form of literature.
- It is my contention that Van Eyck's picture is a posthumous representation of Costanza, the only wife of Giovanni di Nicolao of whose existence we find any evidence.
- An object model is a representation of the information, content and structure which needs to be exchanged or shared.
- In this account, mental consciousness, and the ability to form mental representation, owe their existence to, and are correlated with the brain.
- Clearly, three decades of feminist theory of representation have yet to have any perceptible impact on Balthus studies.
- It is this movement to an image of abstract ambiguity, both still and pulsating in time, which saves the films from repeating the stereotypes of feminist film theories of representation.
- Many people worry about how to respond to those representations both critically and supportively.
- As an auditor, Tim had understood that management representations required appropriate questioning.
- In all three cases, our members accepted management's representations and issued unqualified audit reports on the statements presented.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'image, likeness'): from Old French representation or Latin repraesentatio(n-), from repraesentare 'bring before, exhibit' (see represent).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.