- All the countries of the world will hopefully come together to find a way to fight this sort of terrorism, which is repugnant to all reasonable people.
- Mainly because some of what those who don't like the paintings find repugnant is repugnant to me too.
- The whole idea of anyone acting as judge, jury and executioner is totally repugnant to a civilized society.
- What's repugnant to justice is the attitude that some people should be denied it, no matter what is done to them.
- The radio host has been suspended for two weeks following what he himself calls ‘repugnant, repulsive and horrible’ remarks.
- Example sentences
- If you find this sort of thing revolting and repugnantly narcissistic, you are small-minded and stupid.
- Like the 30-year-old original, it's truly horrific - a portrait that's relentlessly dark, repugnantly graphic, and hopelessly evil.
- A community sullies itself by keeping alive certain people who have acted in such a repugnantly depraved and murderous fashion as to degrade the human species through their membership in it.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'offering resistance'): from Old French repugnant or Latin repugnant- 'opposing', from the verb repugnare (see repugnance).
Words that rhyme with repugnantoppugnant
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.