Having a good reputation: a reputable company
More example sentences
- If you're struggling with debt and unsure about your options, talk to a reputable credit counselor before filing for bankruptcy.
- Plus, you may think your accountant or attorney is trustworthy, efficient and reputable, but you'll never know for sure.
- Ensure that the source is legitimate and reputable.
well-thought-of, highly regarded, respected, well respected, respectable, of (good) repute, prestigious, established;
reliable, dependable, trustworthy
- Example sentences
- David said that it was wrong for children to be approached and that solicitors doing so would be in breach of their responsibility to act reputably.
- I was reputably hardworking and successful in the office, and as such - she felt - a bit stuck up and intimidating.
- Even where firms are operating reputably, aggressive marketing tactics have become the norm.
Early 17th century: from obsolete French, or from medieval Latin reputabilis, from Latin reputare 'reflect upon' (see repute).
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.