- The average length of time during which a substance, a portion of material, or an object is in a given location or condition, such as adsorption or suspension.More example sentences
- The residence time is the average time an element spends in the ocean before it is removed to the sediment.
- The offset in these two curves reflects the lengthy residence time for bioclasts in this high wave energy coastal environment, and a component of sediment recycling from older barriers.
- The actual increase would be much less, since the residence time of water vapor in the atmosphere is about nine days.
More definitions of residence timeDefinition of residence time in:
- The British & World English dictionary