- 1Designed for people to live in: private residential and nursing homesMore example sentences
- How many of your readers would choose to live in residential care or nursing homes if there was full support in the community?
- The association has been helping people living mainly in residential care for three years and has ambitious plans for expansion.
- The former nurse, who lives at the residential home, is still taking part in weekly art classes.
- 1.1Providing accommodations in addition to other services: a residential collegeMore example sentences
- A Higher Education centre, improved student residential accommodation and catering facilities are also planned.
- The building has been vacant since it closed as a residential college for wealthy Middle-Easterners about 20 years ago.
- Recently, I went to a function at my old university residential college.
- 1.2Occupied by private houses: quieter traffic in residential areasMore example sentences
- Official permission is not needed as long as the guns are licensed and the shoot takes place on private land away from residential areas.
- These small private outlets with an average size of about 10 square metres are mainly located in residential areas.
- Meat outlets should not be set up near residential areas as it increases the risk of contagious diseases if the meat gets contaminated.
- 1.3Concerning or relating to residence: land has been diverted from residential useMore example sentences
- Mold is the latest environmental hazard issue to concern the residential housing industry.
- Also in this area are a concert hall, posh residential flats and an enormous Hilton hotel.
- As everyone knows, more downtown residential units are needed and needed now.
- More example sentences
- Planning and conditions attached by local or national authorities which affect the town both residentially and commercially, is a highly sensitive issue.
- In their report to the planning committee, council officers commented: ‘It was apparent that the caravans were being used residentially.’
- ‘It will take traffic away from narrow roads of a highly residentially zoned area while also facilitating ease of access for HGVs to the key industrial sections of our city’.