- The stress present in an object in the absence of any external load or force.More example sentences
- Factors that affect the stress-corrosion susceptibility of high-strength steels are their composition, structure, strength level, applied stress, residual stress, environment and time.
- Machining operations also can result in residual stress and require intermediate stress relieving prior to final machining.
- These two microstructural elements both have adverse effects on the distribution of residual stress in the case-hardened part.
More definitions of residual stressDefinition of residual stress in:
- The British & World English dictionary