Definition of residuary in English:
- The Group also looked into various regulatory and supervisory aspects relating to NBFCs including residuary non-banking financial companies (RNBCs).
- In Germany and the United States, residuary powers vest in the Lands and the States.
- The Residuary Body would be wound up after three years and the levy was supposed to be reduced annually as properties were disposed of.
1.1 Law Of or relating to the residue of an estate: a residuary legatee
More example sentences
- After the death of my wife, and in the meantime subject to her interest, my trustees shall hold my residuary estate and the income thereof in trust for my nephew.
- He was liable to the other beneficiaries with interests in the residuary estate for the loss suffered by the trust shareholding, i.e. their decrease in value.
- Moreover, as the plaintiffs are residuary beneficiaries under the will that has been admitted to probate, the possibility of double recovery referred to at the end of the second paragraph is not present.
Definition of residuary in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India