noun (plural residua /-ˈzijo͞oə/)• technical
- A substance or thing that remains or is left behind, in particular, a chemical residue.More example sentences
- But figuring out exactly how to regenerate ammonia borane from the residuum left after hydrogen has been extracted remains a stumbling block.
- The barite ore is massive and occurs within residuum derived from carbonate units.
- Type I peridotites are interpreted to be the residua remaining after extraction of a partial melt.
late 17th century: from Latin, neuter of residuus 'remaining', from the verb residere.
More definitions of residuumDefinition of residuum in:
- The British & World English dictionary