2The capacity to recover quickly from difficulties; toughness: the often remarkable resilience of so many British institutions
More example sentences
- Poland's history has been marked by its resilience.
- However, the losses in market value are distributed unevenly, with some regions showing a surprising resilience to the market upheaval.
- The panicky reaction of players at the US Open betrayed their lack of resilience in the face of adversity.
- More example sentences
- But the underlying economy still has enormous strength and resiliency.
- We need a long-term approach to reduce the vulnerability and improve the resiliency of all these networks.
- What happened tonight is that we saw the resiliency of this team.