- An elastic material formed of cross-linked protein chains, found in insect cuticles, especially in the hinges and ligaments of wings.More example sentences
- A team of scientists have copied resilin, the elastic protein that facilitates flight and jumping in insects.
- Resilin is one of the most resilient materials around it can be stretched three times its original length without breaking and it owes its bounce-back ability to the special way its molecules are arranged.
- Resilin is a member of a family of elastic proteins that includes elastin, as well as gluten, gliadin, abductin and spider silks.
1960s: from Latin resilire 'leap back, recoil' + -in1.
More definitions of resilinDefinition of resilin in:
- The British & World English dictionary