Feeling or showing deference and respect: they sit in respectful silence
More example sentences
- Hundreds of people drew near her grave and police had to be called in to hold them back and keep a respectful distance.
- Unlike us, she will be mindful of the dangers; respectful of the distance and her rivals.
- There was a respectful silence of a few seconds while the others internalised this concept.
- Example sentences
- I am especially impressed with the respectfulness and thoughtfulness of those writers who disagreed with my position.
- Tea is thought to evolve from four kinds of thought in Korean Buddhism - peacefulness, respectfulness, purity and quietness.
- The female medical role models were said to convey more ‘human’ attributes: tolerance, integrity, respectfulness, and support towards students.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.