Definition of respirable in English:
1(Of the air or a gas) able or fit to be breathed.
- And, concerning that other fluid element of antiquity, he announced that atmospheric air is composed of two elastic fluids of different and opposite qualities, which he called mephitic air and highly respirable air.
- We currently have insufficient evidence about the mechanisms of the association between respirable pollutants from smoking or indoor air pollution and tuberculosis.
- A supplemental respiratory device is shown that uses electronic components to regulate the flow of a respirable gas to a user, intermittently, on a demand basis.
1.1(Of particles in the air) able to be breathed in: woodworking can create quantities of fine respirable dust
More example sentences
- Ultrafine particles are highly toxic to the lungs, even when they are formed from materials that are nontoxic, and when they are components of larger, respirable particles.
- Proper filter selection is essential, including low airflow resistance and efficient retention of respirable particles.
- Under these circumstances, children could be exposed intensively and continuously to both inorganic and organic respirable toxins while outdoors.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.