- The engineers responsible for control systems care about around-the-clock reliability.
- Acute care nurse practitioners are responsible for routine management of patients in the step-down units.
- The general practitioner provided the nurse specialist with a workplace in the practice and was ultimately responsible for patients' care.
- We must do all we can to bring back a system where the person who is primarily responsible for his own misfortune must bear the full blame for that misfortune.
- According to them, the people blaming them are actually responsible for the stream's present condition.
- Several former bank directors and owners found responsible for misusing credits have also been prosecuted.
- But more surprising is the number of independent people wanting to take on such a responsible position.
- He was a highly respected attorney who held a number of responsible positions in city and county governments.
- But what about the poor driver, with no better accommodation, despite his responsible job?
- The staff at various levels would be responsible to and report to the governing board.
- The Cabinet would be responsible to the President, but answerable to Parliament.
- Or do they help ensure that our representatives are responsible to the people who elected them?
- He also agreed that the head nurse in obstetrics was a highly capable, responsible, and conscientious nurse.
- Fireworks should be completely avoided, although if people did insist on using them, it should only be by a reliable and responsible adult.
- Even if the ice is considered safe, a responsible adult should always supervise children playing on or near ice.
- The law holds that such blame and censure are only appropriate if the offender was morally responsible for his behaviour.
- They called instead for a morally serious art, which would teach responsible behaviour by example.
- Western culture is based on an idea of an integrated, coherent, solid-state self and on the related idea that we are all equally morally responsible.
- Example sentences
- That aside, the responsibleness the council has shown would be required of it under the provisions of the Local Government Act 2002, which other speakers have talked about, too.
- He could be distant, private, sensitive, fiery, but he was a man also governed by impressive kindness and responsibleness.
- In fact, freedom is in danger of degenerating into mere arbitrariness unless it is lived in terms of responsibleness.
Late 16th century (in the sense 'answering to, corresponding'): from obsolete French, from Latin respons- 'answered, offered in return', from the verb respondere (see respond).
Words that rhyme with responsibleirresponsible
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.