- A person who owns and manages a restaurant.More example sentences
- Hotel proprietors, restaurateurs and publicans are unanimous on the point and not one of them regrets the changed habits of their patrons.
- One of the difficulties associated with the restaurant industry is a restaurateur's reliance on others.
- Further, those engaged in the hotel and restaurant business must take out civil liability insurance for hoteliers and restaurateurs.
late 18th century: French, from the verb restaurer (see restaurant).
The word restaurateur is taken directly from the French form. Although common, restauranteur with an n is a misspelling.
More definitions of restaurateurDefinition of restaurateur in:
- The British & World English dictionary