- The electrical potential of a neuron or other excitable cell relative to its surroundings when not stimulated or involved in passage of an impulse.More example sentences
- The resting potential changes when the cell is stimulated.
- Oocytes with resting potentials more positive than - 30 mV were discarded.
- In these conditions the neurons survived for more than a week and kept their resting potentials between - 50 and - 55 mV.
More definitions of resting potentialDefinition of resting potential in:
- The British & World English dictionary