verb (past and past participle restrung)[with object]
- 1Fit new or different strings to (a musical instrument or sports racket).More example sentences
- Sarah Maultby, York Museums' Trust assistant curator of social history, said the harpsichord has been restrung using brass and iron music wires that are historically accurate.
- All Mullova did to meet the band was restring her precious Strad with medieval cat gut instead of modern metal, tone it down a tad to baroque standard and borrow an antique-shop bow.
- It was a good racket to begin with, but my boss didn't like the colour; repainted and restrung it.
- 2Thread (objects such as beads) on a new string.More example sentences
- Once he restrung and polished an old broken ornament to go round Sanjukta's waist - thenceforward the benga patia became indispensable to Odissi.
More definitions of restringDefinition of restring in:
- The British & World English dictionary