Definition of resurvey in English:
1Survey (a district) again.
- The field study of shrub and herbaceous layers was done in the late spring of 1996, and then the area was resurveyed in the fall of 1998.
- After the original survey had been completed, it was necessary to resurvey a section that was in an area of swampy lowlands.
- Francisco was hoping to resurvey some of the more complex areas of the cave and check that everything had been thoroughly explored.
1.2Study or investigate again: the same people surveyed in 1992 will be resurveyed periodically
More example sentences
- Data were available at one-year follow-up on almost all study enrollees, and a subgroup of 1,511 women was resurveyed after three years of trial participation.
- Let's face it, the holder of a card with Wells IS NOT periodically resurveyed as a credit as long as delinquency does not intervene.
- Periodically, nurses will be resurveyed to see if department improvement efforts are strengthening the work environment.
Pronunciation: /rēˈsərˌvā/Back to top
An act of surveying a district or studying something again.
- The probability of dormancy complicates assessments of postburn resprouting and necessitates frequent and long-term resurveys of tagged L. ohlingerae individuals.
- A resurvey in April 1999 found that C. flavula occurred in continuous densities > 5 / m 2 at distances up to 100 m from roads, always located within R. pseudoacacia stands.
- In the resurvey carried out after 12 months, 50 households of the first survey were randomly selected and retained in all the clusters.
Definition of resurvey in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.