verb (past and past participle retold)[with object]
- Tell (a story) again or differently: Walker retells the history of the world from the black perspectiveMore example sentences
- The title of this volume sets the tone by its reference to a long poem that retells a classical story.
- Ancient vases and carvings tell the story of the war, but whether they are retelling myth or history remains unknown.
- Her savior of the previous night had missed his cue in the dance, and the story was retold in a different version.
More definitions of retellDefinition of retell in:
- The British & World English dictionary