Definition of reticulation in English:
1A pattern or arrangement of interlacing lines resembling a net: the fish should have a blue back with white reticulation
More example sentences
- If exposure is continued and repeated, diffuse interstitial fibrosis will result with medium to coarse reticulation, volume loss, and honeycomb pattern.
- He picks up the tiny sprig with the half-eaten salamander still perched on it and holds it four inches from his mouth, enumerating the various classifications of the creature: the coloring, the reticulations, the patterns, the species.
- A complex pattern of reticulations was also obtained by Salas et al. in their networks.
1.1 Photography The formation of a network of wrinkles or cracks in a photographic emulsion.
- With today's modern film emulsions it is very difficult to create reticulation, because manufacturers have gone to great lengths to produce better quality emulsions that can withstand sudden changes in temperature.
- When using a hardening fixer the emulsion is made more resistant to scratching which again will prevent reticulation on the final wash.
Definition of reticulation in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.