- A chronic hereditary eye disease characterized by black pigmentation and gradual degeneration of the retina.More example sentences
- Bryant has retinitis pigmentosa, an eye disease that has blinded four generations of her family.
- Homer has been legally blind since the age of 35 as a result of retinitis pigmentosa and glaucoma.
- Millions of people around the world live in a blurry or darkened world because of eye diseases such as macular degeneration or retinitis pigmentosa.
mid 19th century: pigmentosa, feminine of Latin pigmentosus, from pigmentum 'pigment'.
More definitions of retinitis pigmentosaDefinition of retinitis pigmentosa in:
- The British & World English dictionary