- The age at which most people normally retire from work, traditionally specified as age 65.More example sentences
- More than 40% believe that a set retirement age encourages age discrimination and should be abolished.
- According to the Office of National Statistics, more and more women are working past their state retirement age of 60, due to inadequate pension provision.
- It is also argued that a continuing reduction in the real value of the State Pension and the shift away from defined benefit occupational pensions will serve to increase the retirement age.
More definitions of retirement ageDefinition of retirement age in:
- The British & World English dictionary