- Improve or repair (a painting, a photograph, makeup, etc.) by making slight additions or alterations.More example sentences
- Yes, of course he was: he was consulting the very portfolios and notebooks where those copies were kept, retouching his early paintings, and even going to the Louvre to copy as late as 1897.
- If needed, the image is digitally retouched to amplify contrast between the art work and its photographic matrix.
- Jabach is known to have retouched drawings in his collection, and Viatte suggests that all the drapery studies have suffered this fate.
- More example sentences
- Gee studied briefly with Lisette Model and Alexey Brodovitch before becoming a successful photo retoucher.
- He began his artistic career as an apprentice to an icon painter, then as a retoucher of photographs.
- The answer is to have your portrait taken professionally, employing not only a photographer, but also a stylist, a make-up artist and a digital retoucher for good measure, thereby ensuring that you look absolutely divine.
late 17th century: probably from French retoucher.
More definitions of retouchDefinition of retouch in:
- The British & World English dictionary