- Imitative of a style, fashion, or design from the recent past: retro 60s fashionsMore example sentences
- The Bandai-published remake delivers the best of both ages, making over retro robot designs with flashy modern animation.
- They make music that, though heavily steeped in the past, is neither cold nor regular nor retro.
- The resulting song feels overproduced and too distinctly current, and temporarily hinders the album's retro charm.
nounBack to top
- Clothes or music whose style or design is imitative of those of the recent past: a look that mixes Italian casual wear and American retroMore example sentences
- A ‘Top Ten’ for 2004 is tough, so I've come up with a top ten of best viewing experiences, some being retros seen again or for the first time - no real order.
- The shoes that are retros now were once the newest thing.
1960s: from French rétro, abbreviation of rétrograde 'retrograde'.