- The tendency of later learning to hinder the memory of previously learned material.More example sentences
- Allan Baddeley demonstrated an interesting example of retroactive interference in everyday life events.
- It has been demonstrated that misleading statements from an interviewer can impair children's ability to remember event details in a process know as retroactive interference.
- Retroactive interference occurs when previously learned information is lost because it is mixed up with new and somewhat similar information.
More definitions of retroactive inhibitionDefinition of retroactive inhibition in:
- The British & World English dictionary