adjective[attributive] Anatomy & Medicine
- Situated or occurring behind the eyeball: a retrobulbar abscessMore example sentences
- When the inflammation doesn't involve the optic disk, doctors refer to it as retrobulbar optic neuritis.
- The most serious potential adverse effect of EMB is ocular toxicity manifested by optic or retrobulbar neuritis, which exists in two forms and may affect one or both eyes.
- In these cases, if the globe is proptotic and tense, the physician should suspect a retrobulbar hematoma.
More definitions of retrobulbarDefinition of retrobulbar in:
- The British & World English dictionary