Definition of retroverted in English:
(Of the uterus) tilted abnormally backward.
- A retroverted, easily mobile uterus can usually be easily manipulated during surgery, but a fixed uterus cannot.
- In dromaeosaurs and birds, the pubic boot extends caudally and the pubis evolved a retroverted, or backward directed, position.
- Example sentences
- When femoral retroversion is unilateral, it is more common on the right side.
- Lastly, if the total range of rotational motion is unchanged between the dominant and nondominant shoulders, the differences in humeral retroversion may account for the differences observed in altered motion.
- We have postulated that baseball players, specifically pitchers, must adapt with an increase in humeral head retroversion in their dominant shoulder to reach an elite level and to have a decreased chance of injury.
Definition of retroverted in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan