- Express thanks, especially in a grace at a meal or in response to a toast or condolence.More example sentences
- Amos said, ‘Jaben, would you return thanks for this meal?’
- So, one of those days when you feel that surviving a car journey is something to return thanks to God for, like 17th century travellers used to when they had safely crossed the Atlantic.
- We had grace around the dinner table, and we all had to take turns in praying and returning thanks every morning.
More definitions of return thanksDefinition of return thanks in:
- The British & World English dictionary