Definition of revalue in English:
verb (revalues, revaluing, revalued)[with object]
1Assess the value of (something) again.
- To escape the budget syndrome, we need to reassert core values and revalue faculty expertise and participation.
- Mr Rose is also revaluing M & S's property portfolio in advance of a possible sale-and-leaseback deal that could release cash.
- Some analysts revaluing the company now believe that C&W's UK assets together are worth less than C&W paid for Energis.
1.1 Economics Adjust the value of (a currency) in relation to other currencies.
- And China shows no signs of significantly revaluing its currency or loosening its fiscal policy - steps that some experts believe would be the best way for it to boost domestic demand.
- The Irish currency was revalued by 3 per cent against the German mark in March 1998.
- Malaysia is also a big exporter of electronic goods, which will be more expensive to importers if the currency is revalued.
Definition of revalue in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.