- Surprised by the revelation, Shanza slipped in the sand again.
- In fact, the American landscape occasionally yields surprising revelations of continuity.
- A Pisces person can shock or surprise you with a revelation; it's best not to react but to give yourself time to understand and respond.
- Those in charge obviously feel that the greater risk is the unlawful revelation of trade secrets.
- She incapacitates him through her revelation of the secret of his birth at a moment when he should have been at his strongest.
- Yet the structure of the novel, the elements of revelation of character and plot, have been rearranged in quite a strange way.
- Barcelona footballer Ronaldinho is an absolute revelation for taking the game to a different level.
- ‘The singing skills of some our guests were an absolute revelation,’ says Asokan.
- For those lucky enough to have caught onto his comedy before his untimely death, Hicks was an absolute revelation.
- We simply must rely on God to give us divine revelation by his Holy Spirit.
- Also included under this heading are all false religions or cults which claim supernatural revelation but contradict the Bible.
- Pope John Paul II has said that divine revelation reveals not only God to man but man to himself.
- Example sentences
- History becomes revelational not in itself, or as such, but through the illuminating work of God, who uses history both to verify and to challenge human understandings of scriptural truth-claims.
- The immediate problem with these reformulations of doctrine, of course, is the extent to which they fulfill Ritschl's notion of a revelational rediscovery.
- This revelational aspect of Page's poetry - which I am going to suggest is much less integral to her more recent work - is inseparable from her vision of vision.
Middle English (in the theological sense): from Old French, or from late Latin revelatio(n-), from revelare 'lay bare' (see reveal1). Sense 1 dates from the mid 19th century.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.