- A gear used to make a vehicle or piece of machinery move or work backward.More example sentences
- The jeep slowly starts ascending in the top gears with frequent reverse gears at the u-turns.
- The system is based on the 5-speed transaxle on the Opel Astra with fifth gear and reverse gear eliminated.
- The only vehicles which had more reverse gears were Italian tanks in the last war, so the saying went.
More definitions of reverse gearDefinition of reverse gear in:
- The British & World English dictionary