- An enzyme that catalyzes the formation of DNA from an RNA template in reverse transcription. See also transcriptase.More example sentences
- Reverse transcription is generally catalyzed in vivo by reverse transcriptases encoded by autonomous endogenous retrotransposons.
- Names refer to the accession numbers of the nucleotide sequences that encode the corresponding reverse transcriptases (RTs).
- The branch points where no bootstrap values appear are statistically unsupported, although congruent with other phylogenetic analyses of reverse transcriptases
More definitions of reverse transcriptaseDefinition of reverse transcriptase in:
- The British & World English dictionary