Definition of reviewer in English:
1A person who writes critical appraisals of books, plays, movies, etc., for publication.
- There's hell to pay if moviegoers waste their money on films that a reviewer has acclaimed.
- BBC film got three different reviewers to examine the three Scream movies.
- The book includes a review of each play written by a different reviewer after it was performed.
1.1A person who formally assesses or examines something with a view to changing it if necessary: a rent reviewer
More example sentences
- Each issue raised by a general reviewer was formally logged and tracked to resolution.
- Two reviewers independently assessed each article for eligibility.
- Reports of potentially relevant trials were obtained, and two reviewers assessed each for eligibility.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.