Definition of revision in English:
1The action of revising: the plan needs drastic revision
More example sentences
- The teacher read and edited each story and returned it to the student for revision.
- Perhaps there are many others who agree that the government's blueprint draft needs revision.
- In Western Europe, the defence and revision of the myths have run along different tracks.
1.1A revised edition or form of something.
- The number of revisions and editions would indicate that sales were at least adequate.
- Madge also demanded script revisions to the play, Up for Grabs, in which she is currently starring.
- This week the cast start rehearsals which will give time for script revisions.
- Example sentences
- The result is an uncompromised production that will appeal to fans of French revolutionary writing, the filmic revisionary mode, as well as the current crop of East Asian cinema.
- Such revisionary thoughts troubled me last week, and I reached a remarkable conclusion after the soul-searching: I do not need to bet to enjoy racing.
- Emerson was a prime mover behind revisionary interpretations of Christianity since the early nineteenth century.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan