Provide (an appliance, building, or vehicle) with new electric wiring.
- Lamps and electric appliances are rewired and repaired.
- Potts says his company is currently involved in rewiring a building that had a new VDV system installed just four years ago because the design didn't include future growth considerations.
- A further £150,000 has gone on rewiring the whole house, stripping modern sockets and switches from the ancient walls and replacing them with period counterparts.
[in singular] An instance of rewiring something.
- Move the outlets to more functional positions and you can use the old outlets during the rewire, then switch systems seamlessly.
- A huge revamp entailed a full rewire, replumbing and central heating on the upper two floors so it can open all year round.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of rewire in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.