noun[usually in singular] North American • informal
- A North American Indian reservation or reserve: he is a Navajo who grew up on the rez in GanadoMore example sentences
- The day before my last at the res, I got to do a traditional sweat.
- It's hard to imagine reservation life if you've never been to a rez yourself, and images from films like Smoke Signals only provide snapshots of places thousands of young Native Californians call home.
- We have oil on our land and casinos, but on the Rez back home, most people who get money don't do anything with it.
late 19th century: abbreviation of reservation.
More definitions of rezDefinition of rez in:
- The British & World English dictionary