- The chemical element of atomic number 45, a hard silvery-white metal of the transition series, typically occurring in association with platinum. (Symbol: Rh)More example sentences
- In this case the relevant market was that for platinum and rhodium, world-wide, and there were only three significant competitors, all based in South Africa.
- This is achieved through a catalyst, usually rhodium or platinum that lines the inside of the converter.
- Recently, the Grenoble group discovered that uranium rhodium germanium is a ferromagnetic superconductor at ambient pressure.
mid 17th century: modern Latin, from Greek rhodon 'rose' (from the color of the solution of its salts).
More definitions of rhodiumDefinition of rhodium in:
- The British & World English dictionary