noun (plural rhombohedrons or rhombohedra /-drə/)
- 1.1A crystal or other solid object shaped like a rhombohedron.More example sentences
- He arrived at this from a study of calcite crystals of various habits and noted that the cleavage rhombohedra were always the same.
- This Eagle mine is well known for dark spruce-green, rough-surfaced octahedra of fluorite associated with rhombohedra of rhodochrosite to 0.75 inch on edge.
- These are nearly always accompanied by parallel overgrowth of several flattened rhombohedra aligned along each scalenohedron's c-axis, forming ‘pagodas’.
More definitions of rhombohedronDefinition of rhombohedron in:
- The British & World English dictionary