Definition of ribbed in English:
1(Especially of a fabric or garment) having a pattern of raised bands: a ribbed cashmere sweater
More example sentences
- If ribbed sweaters suit you, then by all means, slip one on.
- Made from polyamide, wool and mohair, this classic black cardigan features a ribbed neckline and subtle zipper closure.
- She continued the theme to the end with her gold velvet belle époque bustier ribbed dress, combining the English theme and modern low-stress dressing with great aplomb.
1.1 Architecture (Of a vault or other structure) strengthened with ribs.
- The cathedral is known for its influence on High Gothic, its flying buttresses, ribbed vaults, and multiple towers; for glass and carvings that pray and teach down the centuries.
- It is a circular covered arena designed in 1959 by Marcello Piacentini with the great engineer Pier Luigi Nervi, who covered the space with an elegant ribbed dome of reinforced concrete, resting on a dramatic framework of slanting piers.
- The new building resembled a mediaeval cathedral with its pointed arches, ribbed vaulting and flying buttresses.
Definition of ribbed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan