Definition of ribbed in English:
1(Especially of a fabric or garment) having a pattern of raised bands: a ribbed cashmere sweater
More example sentences
- If ribbed sweaters suit you, then by all means, slip one on.
- Made from polyamide, wool and mohair, this classic black cardigan features a ribbed neckline and subtle zipper closure.
- She continued the theme to the end with her gold velvet belle époque bustier ribbed dress, combining the English theme and modern low-stress dressing with great aplomb.
1.1 Architecture (Of a vault or other structure) strengthened with ribs.
- The cathedral is known for its influence on High Gothic, its flying buttresses, ribbed vaults, and multiple towers; for glass and carvings that pray and teach down the centuries.
- It is a circular covered arena designed in 1959 by Marcello Piacentini with the great engineer Pier Luigi Nervi, who covered the space with an elegant ribbed dome of reinforced concrete, resting on a dramatic framework of slanting piers.
- The new building resembled a mediaeval cathedral with its pointed arches, ribbed vaulting and flying buttresses.
Definition of ribbed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.