Definition of ribbing in English:
1A riblike structure or pattern, especially a band of knitting in rib.
- Not much can be done to such a basic garment, but the tank top has been brought up to date with some nifty detailing - exposed seaming, Argyle patterns, heavy ribbing.
- If you think it may get sloppy and peek out you can easily tack it to the shirt body on the front and bottom facing seam lines or into the ribbing seam if ribbing is left at the bottom.
- The plastic ribbing adds to the rigidity of the structure without a large increase in weight.
2 informal Good-natured teasing.
- There was good-natured ribbing while the teams walked quietly through the night to their tents.
- Most of the time, it's good-natured ribbing of a guy who uses hand cream or gets a little prissy about his hair.
- There is some good-natured ribbing between them and from within the Glasgow squad about the pair being gay icons.
Definition of ribbing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan