noun (plural same or ribbonfishes)
- Any of a number of long slender fishes that typically have a dorsal fin running the length of the body, in particular.
More example sentences
- ● a fish of the dealfish family (Trachipteridae). ● a fish of the cutlassfish family (Trichiuridae). ● another term for oarfish
- The easy way to catch big fish in nearshore water off Texas is to drift dead baits, such as menhaden, ribbonfish or mullet, skewered onto large circle hooks.
- Although live bait is preferred, dead ribbonfish, also called silver eels, will make any mackerel lick his lips, but they're rigged dead for a reason.
More definitions of ribbonfishDefinition of ribbonfish in:
- The British & World English dictionary