Definition of ribitol in English:
A colorless crystalline compound that is formed by reduction of ribose and occurs in certain plants.
- An alcohol; chemical formula: HOCH2(CHOH)3CH2OH
- A single molecule of ribitol or arabitol was positioned in the periplasmic space at the beginning of each interactive simulation.
- The ribitol teichoic acid is usually in the cell wall, and the glycerol teichoic acid is in the cell membrane, the periplasmic region, or in the cell.
- These clones putatively encode UDP-galactose 4-epimerase, trehalose - 6-phosphate phosphatase, glucose and ribitol dehydrogenase, and ribitol dehydrogenase.
Definition of ribitol in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.