- Oryza sativa, family Gramineae. African rice belongs to the related species O. glaberrima, whereas the so-called wild rice is not a true rice at all
- The main crops that are harvested for this are maize, rice, wheat, and potatoes.
- The Honglian-type hybrid rice has also been widely cultivated in China.
- The wild and weedy rice taxa were used as pollen recipients, whereas the cultivated rice was used as the pollen donor.
- The vegan diet does not allow any animal products at all, only fruits, vegetables, grains, rice and pulses.
- Firni belongs to an extensive family of sweet dishes, all based on milk with rice flour or cornflour.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the shallot with olive oil, then add the curry powder and rice.
Rice provides the staple diet of half the world’s population and is second only to wheat in terms of total output. Rice seedlings are usually planted in flooded fields or paddies, so that terraces are necessary on hillsides and a reliable source of water is essential
verb[with object] North American Back to top
- It was nice as a small evening meal, but for something a bit more filling, I'd do riced potatoes (or mash - but Per pretty much hates mash and won't eat it) and possibly a lemon sauce.
Middle English: from Old French ris, from Italian riso, from Greek oruza.
Definition of rice in:
- The British & World English dictionary