1A swamp grass that is widely cultivated as a source of food, especially in Asia.
- Oryza sativa, family Gramineae. African rice belongs to the related species O. glaberrima, whereas the so-called wild rice is not a true rice at all
- The main crops that are harvested for this are maize, rice, wheat, and potatoes.
- The Honglian-type hybrid rice has also been widely cultivated in China.
- The wild and weedy rice taxa were used as pollen recipients, whereas the cultivated rice was used as the pollen donor.
1.1The seeds of the rice plant used as food.
- The vegan diet does not allow any animal products at all, only fruits, vegetables, grains, rice and pulses.
- Firni belongs to an extensive family of sweet dishes, all based on milk with rice flour or cornflour.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the shallot with olive oil, then add the curry powder and rice.
verb[with object] North American Back to top
Middle English: from Old French ris, from Italian riso, from Greek oruza.
Words that rhyme with riceadvice, bice, Brice, choc ice, concise, dice, entice, gneiss, ice, imprecise, lice, mice, nice, precise, price, sice, slice, speiss, spice, splice, suffice, syce, thrice, top-slice, trice, twice, underprice, vice, Zeiss
Definition of rice in:
- British & World English dictionary