- Speaking or expressed in riddles; enigmatic: the riddling sphinxMore example sentences
- I regarded her as an archeologist might regard the riddling Sphinx.
- Knowing that either revealing this secret or pretending not to have solved the riddle will bring about his death, Pericles gives a riddling answer, whereby he warns the King without exposing him.
- The key scene is one in which Nathan is forced by Saladin to declare whether Jews, Muslims or Christians represent the true faith: he answers with a riddling fable and a plea for humility before the love of God.
More definitions of riddlingDefinition of riddling in:
- The British & World English dictionary