Definition of riddling in English:
Speaking or expressed in riddles; enigmatic: the riddling sphinx
More example sentences
- I regarded her as an archeologist might regard the riddling Sphinx.
- Knowing that either revealing this secret or pretending not to have solved the riddle will bring about his death, Pericles gives a riddling answer, whereby he warns the King without exposing him.
- The key scene is one in which Nathan is forced by Saladin to declare whether Jews, Muslims or Christians represent the true faith: he answers with a riddling fable and a plea for humility before the love of God.
- Example sentences
- Not as tricky as it sounded, though my result is pompous, Romanticised and riddlingly obscure.
Definition of riddling in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan