- (In a riding competition) a round held to resolve a tie or determine qualifiers for a later stage; a jump-off.More example sentences
- British favourite Steve Peat, from Sheffield, was edged out of an exciting semi-final, though he then won the ride-off for fifth, while German Guido Tshugg pipped Australian Sam Hill in the final.
- Lampkin's highly tuned fourstroke Montesa had been recalled for modifications and he was left to ride on a standard machine, but he made it into the final ride-off.
- Today Jones will probably draft in Rob Hayles, who took fourth in the bronze-medal ride-off in Saturday's individual pursuit.
More definitions of ride-offDefinition of ride-off in:
- The British & World English dictionary