nounchiefly North American
- The number of passengers using a particular form of public transportation.More example sentences
- Amtrak logged a record 24 million passengers last year and ridership jumped 80 percent during the Thanksgiving holiday.
- When the service shut down, ridership averaged about 24 passengers per day.
- The majority of ridership on a transit line comes from about 300 metres around every station.
More definitions of ridershipDefinition of ridership in:
- The British & World English dictionary