Definition of rifle range in English:
1A place for practicing shooting with rifles.
- Major Caporn said the main aim of this training was to allow the group to qualify on the rifle range, practise training as a platoon, gain experience in patrolling and learn how to conduct themselves if fired upon.
- Next time you're on a rifle range back at home station, try doing some training using your iron sights along with all the other attachments.
- The competition was held at the biathlon rifle range at Whiskey Flat, near Mt Hotham, in the Victorian Alps last month.
1.1An attraction at a fairground in which people fire rifles at targets in order to win prizes.
- Then there are three more standing on the side of the road and I get the feeling of what it must be to be target in a fairground rifle range.
- There were dodgem cars, helter-skelters, waltzers, ghost trains, rifle ranges and lots more but two I remember more than most.
- Already lined up are a rifle range, go-kart track, swimming pool and bowling alley.
Definition of rifle range in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan